Tuesday, June 23, 2009

WAR OF FLESH & SPIRIT

The war between the flesh & the Spirit is over which one gets or has control.
I always thought it was a war to conquer the flesh, [and indeed conquering the
flesh lies within the heart of every believer], however I have discovered it to
be a war over which I will walk in, the flesh or the Spirit.

To be conformed to the image of Christ has become, in my heart and life,
a matter of walking after the Spirit, which is to say,
"minding the things of the Spirit" [Romans 8]; verses serving the
desires of the flesh: Will I serve the fleshly desire for comfort and pleasure
or will I seek the things that the Spirit of GOD seeks. Clearly stated
by GOD is the fact that if one walks in the Spirit they will not fulfill
the lusts of the flesh. It is not for me to conquer the flesh but rather to be
filled with the Spirit, [Galatians 5].

We do not overcome by doing, we overcome by being.
It is not doing good works, it is being spiritual.
Actions are not the method, they are the results.

No comments: